Sunday, January 22, 2017

Born to Die .... Born to Fly

Born to Die .... Born to Fly 



We are born into a world where we slowly die.
I have a conflicting side of me telling me that we were born to be so much more.

Sometimes I feel like I was born to fly,
to be way up high... among the clouds and soar.

We are born with chains shackled to our 
ankles binding us to this earth,
our wings were clipped by a stack of numbered 
paperwork since birth.

I now see that we are nothing more than numbered 
slaves-filled with only struggle and strife, 

we are all led to believe that there`s no meaning to this 
thing we all call life.

This world teaches that we can live without 
God, but not without money,
that forces me to ask you all 
"Who or what is your real enemy? " 

I am no longer hopeful nor hopeless for things in 
this world to change, 
I just find it hard to believe that no one else finds all the 
deceptions and lies we are fed... very strange.

We have all been spoon fed everything we think we know, 
for no other reason than to keep us all as willing participants in
this grand illusionary slave driven show.

My body may have been born to die, 
but my soul was born to fly. 

written by Michael Parker Jr.

No comments:

Post a Comment