Monday, December 25, 2017

When ?

When I`m gone.... will you listen to the wind? 
whom all is forsaken... with then be my friend? 

You lough at me and blow smoke in my face,
I have no reason, form nor reason, nor place, 
to call my home, 
all alone... and all meaning gone,
farewell to all of you I` have known.

There`s a sadness in my trying to be normal for you,
you have no idea what I daily go through.
The voices in my head tell me to die, 
and only God knows how barely  I get by.

Tempt me while standing on the edge of a knife,
tempt me and I `ll show you what I think of this life.

When I`m gone will you listen to the rain,
when I`m gone, will you understand the pain? 

when the thunder begins to break,
what kind of earthly possessions will you take? 

When lightening strikes and leaves you blind,
what is it that you`ll regret leaving behind? 

There`s such saddness in watching everyone strive for money,
they think they can carry it with them, and I find that sad yet funny.

When I`m gone will you listen as the traffic passes by, 
as mother earth begins to cry.

Michael Parker  12/16/2017 11:11pm 










No comments:

Post a Comment