Wednesday, January 20, 2016

The Song Within My Heart


The Song Within My Heart 


What if I told you that my soul is as restless as the wind?
what if I told you I`m sad, when I`m happy,
my beautiful friend?

What if I told you that the battle on the outside, is the same as within?
If I were to try and explain, where
would I begin?

If I were to pretend could you 
see through the lie?
If my spirit was an eagle, I would 
surely fly.

If I tested the troubled water 
and dove right in, 
If I try to pretend...  where do I begin?

What if I told you, that what is real
for you... is nothing more, then a dream to me,
If you`ll only open up your mind 
you`ll be amazed at what you see.

If I were to fall and sleep among
the clouds in the skies,
wouldn`t that be better, than living in a world full of lies.

Like an eagle way up high,
my spirit longs to fly.

What if I sang to you the song being sung
within my heart?
If I could pretend... where would I start?
Oooooooh where would I start ?


Copy Rights reserve to Micha-El  Parker



1 comment:

  1. You are a good soul who wanted to be free from all human bondage and soar in to the sky.

    ReplyDelete