Friday, August 4, 2017

The Stranger

The Stranger


As the tears roll down my face,
this world makes me feel like a stranger in an awful place.

There is a sense of disgust when you realise there is more hidden than can be seen,
look past the lies we have been fed and you will see what I mean. 

For an unknown savoir we all sit and wait, 
as everyone turns a blind eye to the increasing suicide rate.

Notice the homeless and starving and notice them soon, 
before they horde  more wealth with another fake trip to the moon.

People all around are crying and dying,
as the wicked sit in high places greedy and lying.

This is a place where people are cattle and money is king,
while across the radio Millionaires sing.

It is heartbreaking to see people holding up "will work for food" signs, 
as the police round them up and give them tickets and fines.

As billions are being spent on a fake trip to Mars, 
there`s helpless and homeless sleeping under only the stars,

Computers, cell phones and the latest technology has everyone`s attention, 
with wickedness among the websites that I`d rather not mention.

Cheating, sexting and texting are among the latest fad,
real conversations are a thing of the past and something we long ago had.

This paper and pen is my only outlet and voice,
while social media is everyone else`s choice.

There is so much more in this poem I would like to have said,
but all the truths I have unveiled make me wish I were dead.

I`m just a stranger in a strange land,
with nothing more than pen and paper in hand.

I am nothing more than what you see,
and a stranger to this world I will always be.





Written by: Michael Parker  


No comments:

Post a Comment