Saturday, July 15, 2017

A Time To Change


I may have picked you up from the airport when we first met, 
but you probably will never know that you actually picked me up abandoned on the side of the road as I watched another sunset.

I was pissing drunken circles in the road as you were making your way to me,
and the whole time I was singing to myself...
"that I was blind but now I see".

I have been abandoned, beat up, and left behind,
all the while I was believing there`s love out there for me to find.

I can remember back to the times
the devil asked me could my soul be sold, 
it sure was tempting through the pouring rain and freezing cold. 

Change has been hard for me because 
I know what it`s like to not have anyone and no place to go, 
always getting fake smiles and empty promises 
from everyone I use to know. 

Time and money have never meant 
anything to me as I watch it all pass by,
names of days and months seem to be one big lie.

As I look back on all I have ever been through, 
it was all worth it for me to be led to you.

I wish you could see how thankful I am by keeping me grounded as I struggle with what this life is for,
and all of your patience makes me love you that much more.

Now when things are bad you help me see the good, 
I was once a drifter and so misunderstood.

To everything there is a time for change,
even for me that looks at this world and thinks it`s so strange,
a time to fix the broken even though 
the pieces need to be rearranged. 

For me... a time for change 
has come and it`s all thanks to you,
some of our times have been tough 
but we have made it through, 
please hold on to my love for it`s 
faithful and true... 

This is just a little poem to remind you... 
that I will forever and always love you!!! 





written by Michael Parker 





No comments:

Post a Comment