Wednesday, July 5, 2017

Within

Even the butterfly yields to the mercy of the wind,
it causes even the strongest tree to bend.

I may be living but I`m no where alive,
every morning into a pool of misery  I dive.

What happened to the joy of feeling the wind apon my face,
Why do lovers get further apart with every embrace?
Everything in this world comes and goes, 
and in the end ... we die with the choices we`ve chose.

It is so hard to love when your entire being is filled with sadness,
it is so hard to live when your mind is so full with madness.

My soul is literally screaming inside,
wishing my body had already died,
wishing for a place I could just run and hide.

It`s sad to wake everyday and realise all of your nightmares are real,
it has become horrifying that sadness is the only emotion I can feel.

What happens when all of your joy and laughter are gone,
answer me that and you`ll know what I have always known.

I am constantly tortured some place within my own mind,
through all of the torture and pain, it is hard to smile or be kind.

I feel like I live in a world that has left me far behind,
and no one hears my screams from this prison of my own mind.

No war I have ever fought on the outside can compare to the battle within,
there is no  end and the battle rages on... again and again.

I am the butterfly that must yield to the wind, realizing that a simple flower is my only friend.
If the person reading this could trade places with me for just one night,
you too would forever scream at this battle I fight.

Its becoming impossible to live in a world which I dont fit in, 
as the battle rages on within.

I am in a time that the battle has turned to all-out war, 
and that the pieces of my soul are scattered among the ocean`s floor.

Please believe me when I say I am trapped in a prison within, 
and that it is an endless battle that I just can not win.

Copy Rights reserve to Michael Parker 




No comments:

Post a Comment