Sunday, July 16, 2017

Last Smoke

I walked outside to have my last smoke for the night, 
all the stars were twinkleing, not a cloud in sight. 

Been sober for a while now and it finaly hit me, 
how all my drinkin realy came to be, 
it's always been your memory that would never let me be free. 

Thirteen years ago now that we've been apart, 
it's a shame how you left me like a thief in the night with my heart.

After all these years and my broken heart mends, 
after the drinkin and hopelessness ends, 
is when happiness and healing begins,
hopefully with a little help from my family and friends.

Just like all the stars way up there in the sky, 
I can finally put your memory away and say goodbye. 

As I turn to walk inside after my last smoke, 
I laugh out loud like I've herd some real funny joke, 
I fight back the tears as I silently choke. 

All of that money and time waisted on all of my drinkin, 
just to hide my soul that is slowly breakin, 
just to hide all of the pain from my heart stiill achein, 
please forgive me for all these pretend smiles in a life I've been fakein. 



10:33
 3/30/13 
 Michael Parker Jr.

1 comment: